Report of the Nominating Committee
Nominations for 2018-2019 Torrance Council of PTAs Board of Directors
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
- President: Nannette Nolan
- 1st VP Leadership: Denise Spellman
- 2nd VP (Organization & Programs): Shari Kaku
- 3rd VP (Education): Cindy Shields
- 4th VP (Community Services): Michelle VanLerberghe
- 5th VP (Health): Rosie Javaid
- 6th VP (Hospitality): Jan Hirata
- 7th VP (Communication): Cheryl Yamashita
- 8th VP (Advocacy & Legislation): Rouchell Duncan
- 9th VP (Budget & Finance): Amy Caponpon
- Treasurer: Shanie Asato
- Financial Secretary: Mary Scharf
- Auditor: Alicia Allen
- Recording Secretary: Sumi Arnheim
- Historian: Judy Briggs
Nominating Committee Members:
Judy Briggs, Cynthia Gasparro, Shari Kaku, Terry Ragins, Mary Scharpf, Michelle VanLerberghe, Diane Wang, Cheryl Yamashita, Emi Morimoto (Chairperson)
The report of the nominating committee is submitted to the membership in writing at least 28 days prior to the election and reported at the election meeting. The report of the nominating committee must be entered into the minutes of the association.
Elections will be held on Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at the Ken Miller Center in Torrance.
Join the largest children’s advocacy organization in the nation.
Purchase your membership from any one of the Torrance units by completing this form and returning to Council.
TCPTAs pairs each PTA Unit President with Council mentor. Mentors are here for you every step of the way. Mentors are encouraged to go to unit meetings and functions, and to connect with Unit presidents often. Need to get a hold of your mentor? Click here.
Please ask your corresponding secretary to add your mentor to your Board of Directors communications.
Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
Every texter is connected with a Crisis Counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving. All of our Crisis Counselors are volunteers, donating their time to helping people in crisis.
Read more »