Sacramento Safari is an educational and advocacy-training trip to Sacramento. Through scheduled visits to the Legislature and representatives, participants learn how the legislative system works and about advocacy and pending legislation. It will be held on March 21-22, 2018 and is open to all interested members. High school students are invited to attend, but must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Sacramento Safari Information Sheet
- Student Application
- Chaperone Application
- Adult Delegate Application
- Extraordinary speakers
- Meetings with your legislators, when possible
- Legislative committee meetings, when possible
- General Sessions of the Senate or Assembly, when possible
- Guided tour of the Capitol, optional
- Meetings with PTA advocates
Each unit or council sending a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT must provide a chaperone. Thirty-Third District PTA will provide a certificated teacher as part of the program.